Monday, March 16, 2009

All of the 2008 Submissions

When I started doing Eden's Hour Radio a little over a year ago, I wasn't entirely sure where it was going to go. We were planning on doing more benefit concerts for the David Lynch Foundation so I thought doing radio would be a fun way integrate the expanding network of musicians that I was speaking with at the time. The show has been an organic process largely driven and inspired by the musicians who have contributed so a huge thanks to everyone who has sent in music. I have a couple volunteers helping me now to upload all of that music to the station's vault so that all the DJ's can spin the tracks.

It's been a great way for me to hear (sometimes really bizarre) music that I wouldn't otherwise get a chance to hear and share it with others. And in regards to sharing music with others ...I am particularly stoked about 2009. In addition to broadcasting on KRUU FM (twice a week), Eden's Hour will soon be airing on Radio 23 (weekly) and Hollow Earth Radio (monthly).

During the first few months of preparing for the show, we received a ton of music from Friends of the David Lynch Foundation Myspace page. I have played a lot of that music on Eden's Hour, but there is definitely more that I haven't had a chance to listen to yet ...so if you sent me music and your band is not listed in one of the playlists below feel free to nudge me.

LISTEN TO ALL OF THE SONGS THAT I RECEIVED & AIRED IN 2008, LISTED IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER BY BAND NAME.


A-D





E-M





N-S





T-Z




LISTEN TO MORE SONGS HERE.

P.S. If you are looking for a band that sometimes has a "The" in front of the name, check the listings in the "T" section as well. If I played your music but your band does not have music on Myspace, I could not add your song(s) to the lists. Sorry buds. Shoot me an email if you upload tunes to Myspace.

No comments: