Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sharp


I waited so long. Too long. And have been denying myself some serious pleasure all this wasted time.

And to add salt to the wounds of my wasted time is the fact that the only reason I hesitated to pick up the album Deep Cuts by The Knife is that I just didn't believe that it would live up to my satisfaction with their song HEARTBEATS and Karin's side project Fever Ray. But I was wrong. So very very wrong.

A few weeks ago I popped into Amoeba Hollywood on my way to see We Are The World & yOya perform up the street and finally caved into temptation and picked up Deep Cuts and Silent Shout so I wouldn't be an idiot who was so excited that they have a new album coming out soon, but I'd never really given their older releases a proper listen. Due to computer issues I hadn't been able to import Silent Shout until this week and it's okay, but it's kind of "meh" in comparison to Deep Cuts in which the brother/sister duo Karin Dreijer Andersson and Olof Dreije have created a timeless and beautiful album full of some serious fucking JAMS like GOT 2 LET U and HANDY MAN.

I can't find an official video for GOT 2 LET U, but this works:

No comments: