Monday, November 3, 2014

Maybe It's A Safety Measure - Bubble Butt For Life!

When my friend and neighbor told me she was working on a Sea Punk scene for a new video I listened with fascination, realized I was too old and perhaps too purist in my definition of "punk" to appreciate such nonsense trends, and then forgot about it.

A few months later someone posted Major Lazer's Bubble Butt (feat Bruno Marsvideo and without irony it became one of my top 5 favorite music videos of all time - a fact I've gotten a lot of s*** for over the past year, so you can save your breath ;). But yeah, it's right up there at the top of my list with Jonathan Narducci's video for Dreamers' Appaloosa. 

When I saw the Sea Punk scene in the beginning I realized it was real. Sea Punk was real and my crotchety old gutter punk-rooted self would just have to accept it. And then it hit me like a booty slap to the face - this Eric Wareheim directed video was the video that my neighbor had been the Production Designer for. I was stoked because it meant I got to geek out and ask her lots of questions.  It turns out that some questions are better left unanswered.

So I'll just continue to enjoy it and be ok with asking myself... "WHY?!?!?!?!?!?"





Eric's music videos are all so good. This one also deserves a shoutout. Because Beach House and Ray Wise. C'mon!

No comments: